Ubuntu Tweak is an application designed to configure Ubuntu easier for everyone. It provided many usefull desktop and system options that the default desktop environment isn’t provided. At present, It is only designed for Ubuntu GNOME Desktop, and often follows the newest Ubuntu distribution.
You can grab it here.
To add the repository to your machine, do the following in your terminal:
- sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
And put the two line into it:
- deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/tualatrix/ubuntu hardy main
- deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/tualatrix/ubuntu hardy main
Then update the source and install or upgrade Ubuntu Tweak:
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get install ubuntu-tweak
if you have installed, just type:
- sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
Thanks “tualatrix” for this wonderful program.