You have a girl by your side and you have a nice car, what more do you want? Outrun races in this past Wednesday and I must say that I like it a lot. You can pick it up for 800 Microsoft points. The game play is very clean and crisp; something we all come to expect from outrun titles. The music tracks that we’ve come to know and love (Splash wave, magical sound shower and passing breeze) are there and a few additional ones (Risky ride, Shiny World, Night Flight and Life was a bore). The game modes are as follows:
- Outrun mode – the forever traditional get to your destination
- Time Attack mode – beat the ghost car times – get like a 4.50.00
- Heart attack mode – meet your girl’s demands by getting as many hearts as you can.
- Outrun mode 15 course – try to reach the goal with your girl through 15 courses.
The selection of cars that are readily available are:
- Enzo Ferrari
- 360 Spider
- 288 GTO
- 512 BB
- Dino 246 GTS
- 365 GTS/4 Daytona
- 250 GTO
In the multiplayer mode you can play 6 player unranked outrun matches. You can also host your own and let people show up in your room. One of the achievements is to “Arrive at all goals (A-E)” and one of the quickest way (I believe) to get that is to:
- Host an online match
- Start your stage setting to start at A and change it after every match till you get to E (make sure you finish and do not get disqualified)
One of the things that I did notice is when you switch your camera (at times) and can be glitchy, this also happens sometimes when you crash. The game also does not have a multiplayer local mode which is usually a turn off for me but I made an exception on this one. Overall the game is great fun for most ages.