Perfectbuntu is a linux script that allows you to install some basic apps and codecs to get your ubuntu machine running without much hassle. Some of the things that it installs include but is not limited to:
- Windows fonts
- archiver options
- Avant Windows manager
- Spam filters
To install it, download the file and save it to your desktop.
- Right click and go to properties.
- Go to the permissions tab and check the box (see picture) and close.
- Now, double click the perfectbuntu on the desktop and run in terminal.
- Once you do that you will get a screen similar to this one
- This screen (above) tells you that the version 2.1 perfectbuntu is created by Robbie ferguson of Category5.tv. It detects that I’m running the 32 bit version of Jaunty and prompts me for my super user password. Enter your password for your ubuntu machine. From there you will be asked a series of questions begining with the screen below. Answer the questions according to your machine setup and the script will do the rest; Enjoy!
- Please use at your own risk!